Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Seasonal Vegetable Couscous - Do as I Say, Not as I Did

This video recipe for a vegetable couscous shows you a wonderfully simple method for enjoying all those delicious seasonal veggies that can be found at your local farmer's market. The irony here is that this video was shot quite a while ago, and features such ubiquitous supermarket produce as "so-not-local" green zucchini and bell peppers.

This recipe was filmed for About.com last year, and is just now going live. Unfortunately, at the time a trip to farmer's market wasn't possible, and so a two-block walk to the local megamart had to do. That's not to say that this dish wasn't good, it was very good. It's just when I watch it now I'm imagining how awesome it could have been with some "real" vegetables (you know, like the ones grown in dirt, instead of hydroponic foam!). Enjoy!

Click here for ingredients and transcript

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like couscous with sausage (I mean a smoked decent version of sausage). Give it try - even if your neighbour at BBQ will suspect you of being a lunatic. There is something about couscous it that combines really well with homemade sausage and chilled lager.

(And its infinitely faster to make and healthier than your average potato salad)

Anonymous said...

I haven't been on you site in awhile... Glad to see you are still posting great recipes and videos! Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Looks great, nice video.

Anonymous said...

Chef John You are incredible i didn't know cheese was even makeable thanks for great ideas and greal recepies!

anika29 said...

I have some leftover leek from the pasta primavera recipe (turned out awesome btw!)...can I use them for this recipe?